Wednesday, August 10, 2011

When the Light Goes Out

From what I've learned from reading my favorite artists' blogs, even the professionals have "writer's block," or times when they just aren't feeling very creative or very good at what they do.

Lately I feel like I have lost my oomph. I feel like my artwork takes a great effort. I'm frustrated with feeling as though my inner creative light is going out, sputtering, fizzing.

Sometimes, it just takes an assignment from someone else to get me going, though. My inner light glowed a little brighter tonight when I penned a Justin Bieber post-it for my niece (she's almost 6) and then scanned and colored it for kicks. It feels like the first artsy thing I've done in weeks.


I know that this time will pass. In the meantime, I'm going to continue to look for inspiration and continue to practice my craft. Oh, and to try to not be so hard on myself! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment