Friday, March 16, 2012

Bamboo Tablet

My daughter loves to draw!
This is my first attempt at using Corel Painter Essentials 4 with my Wacom Bamboo tablet. I normally sketch, ink, and scan an image and then color it using GIMP with my mouse. It is tedious. The tablet I got came with Painter Essentials 4, and I have heard that it looks like more traditional art. I am frustrated because I'm  having to learn to use a new program and I can't seem to be as precise as I want to be. I'm also frustrated that I cannot save "png" files. It is essential for me to be able to color characters separately and then move them around in an image. There may be some way to do this, but I'm not seeing it. I wish I could take a class on this; then maybe it'd make more sense! But I think I just need to keep saving for Photoshop.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice first attempt! I think Painter Essentials can do layers, so if you can figure that out then you can put certain items on their own layer and then move things around that way. No PNG support does suck though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I did figure out the layers. Since I'm so timid about traditional methods, I do like how Painter has all the brushes broken down into the different media. It's going to take a lot more practice, but I do see the potential. For my current project, though, I need to stick with Gimp. Gotta have my png

    ReplyDelete