Thursday, August 16, 2012

First Wave

I've owned my iPad for about a week now and have been trying out several different art creation apps. So far one of my favorites is called Procreate. Procreate allows for MANY layers (I haven't hit a limit yet!) and allows the user to merge layers up or down. What's really neat, though, is the brushes. The brushes are incredibly varied and result in realistic artistic strokes. The user can even create (or purchase) new brush sets.

Do you recognize this pose? I took a picture of the sketch I made back in 2009 and put it as a layer into Procreate. Then I "painted" over it digitally, using many layers. Afterwards, I edited it in Snapseed for color and adjustments and more texture effects. I'm really enjoying my iPad, and I look forward to many more works of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment