Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Energy is Elementary!

I was recently asked to do something I'd never done before: Give a presentation about different types of energy and how they are used in the illustration process, with a particular focus on communication and illustration for publication. Phew! What a mouthful!

Of course, my first question was how long the presentation needed to be. About fifteen to twenty minutes was the answer. I'm used to speaking anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour when I am demonstrating how I do my art on the computer. So, naturally, I made a mind map on poster board (which looked quite confusing but really worked!) and tried to figure out how I could do the topic justice and still leave time to demonstrate art on my new love--the iPad.

I had a lot of fun giving the presentation! I managed to pull it off since the students at Chandler Oaks Elementary had such exemplary audience manners. I was pleased that they were so interested in my digital art and how I used my iPad with just my finger. One of the classes wrote thank you letters (a real treat!) and asked several questions. The images here comprise the newsletter I sent back to answer their questions. Oh, and in case you were wondering, the energy used was well worth it. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment