Monday, May 21, 2012

Happy Tree at Dusk

 Here is the Happy Tree all colored in. I feel it is very dark, like a dusk kind of feeling. I feel like I need to add a bat in the tree's line of sight. That could be fun! When I continue to experiment with it, I think I'll add different animals and change the tree's eyes accordingly.

Coloring a Happy Tree
I like to color and then use special brushes to add texture and play with the colors. This particular set came from Obsidian Dawn Resources and is called Grunge and Dirty. Their brushes are free (read their terms of use),  but I purchased a license (for $3!) so I could use the brushes in commercial work without crediting Obsidian Dawn.

Do you use any special brushes? If so, where did you get them? Did you know you can even make your own brushes?

No comments:

Post a Comment